Welcome to the Assisting101: Dental Assisting School (A101) blog. Here you will find information, tips, and stories regarding dental assisting, career development, pursing your life goals in the healthcare industry, and the dental field. Whether you’re considering a career as a dental assistant or you’re already working in the field, here are some reasons you will love your job as a dental assistant.
- According to the latest ranking by U.S. News, Dental Assistants are rated as the 17th best Best Health Care Support Jobs.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a significant growth of over 58,000 new job openings for dental assistants by 2029, with an employment growth rate of 14%, which is faster than the average growth for all professions.
- The salary of dental assistants has been on a steady increase since 20016, and this trend is expected to continue in the coming years. Dental assistants are currently in high demand, more than ever before.
- Dental assistants make great salaries, especially considering that almost one in three of them work part-time.
- Compared to other healthcare support jobs, such as home health aides, pharmacy technicians, and medical assistants, dental assistants tend to earn more.
- The salary scale for dental assistants ranges from $32,580 to $49,540, with an average pay of $39,260 and a median pay of $35,390.
- Dental assistants have high flexibility, average stress levels, and high upward mobility, providing a great work-life balance.
- Dental assisting also offers future growth opportunities in other fields of dentistry.
While there are many reasons to become a dental assistant, here are two unique and out-of-the-box reasons that may surprise you:
- Flexibility in Work Schedule:
One of the great things about working as a dental assistant is the flexibility in work schedule. Many dental offices offer part-time or flexible hours, allowing dental assistants to balance work with other responsibilities or pursuits. This flexibility can be especially appealing to those who are pursuing other passions, such as art or music, and need a flexible schedule to accommodate their pursuits.
- Opportunity for Growth:
Dental assisting offers the opportunity for growth and advancement. The career advancement opportunities such as Dental Sales, Dental Office Administrators, and Dental Office Manager are just a few examples. available to dental assistants make it a highly attractive profession.
10 Week Dental Assisting Program
You don't have a Diploma or GED? No Problem! We don't Require it.
See what Our Students Say...
I had a great experience here this is a great program. I got to practice hands on and learn on my own time.The instructor Ms.Renee is super helpful and she is very patient when it comes to teaching I graduated feeling confident and prepared for my new career.
I had a great experience! Very hands on which is very helpful and also offers a great online program to go along with it l. The instructors are also amazing. And you also get an internship opportunity in the school office which is great exposure for a dental assistant!
my experience with Assisting 101 was excellent, everything they teach it’s hands on. also the teachers were amazing always there to guide you.
It was a great hands on learning experience! The instructors are wonderful and the 10 weeks seemed to fly fast. I now feel confident and prepared to enter in to this new workforce.
I enjoyed my experience here at dental assisting 101. The class was in a hybrid format, so we had online work to do where we could move at our own pace and we would meet up once a week and it was more so hands-on learning. I found the internships through the program very helpful because we got to get more hands on experience.
i had so much fun doing their dental assistant program. if you are looking for something more hands on and not to much of a lecture type. this is the program for you. they give you a lot of help whether it’s more one on one or you come to their externship and you get to get a feel for how things will be once you get a job. i think the pace was perfect and everything they teach in class is stuff you’ll study on their online platform. i want to thank dodd, and all the other instructors for taking the time to teach us everything we needed to know and being patient.
I had a great experience here!! The teachers are all great and help all the students really understand all the concepts to become a great dental assistant! I was always excited to attend the class and always had a great time learning. I definitely recommend!!!
I 100% recommend enrolling in this program. No matter if it’s online or in person you are going to come out as a great dental assistant. The in person program offers a lot of hands on training, and gives you an opportunity to work with your peers and get a feel for working in an actual dental office.
This class helped me learn and feel more confident about starting my new career in dental assisting. The teachers were great and I wish I did this class sooner.
I just wanted to say that my experience here at Assisting 101 was an amazing opportunity. Also the teachers are awesome!!!